BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
art297
Opal | Level 21

There is a meetup/BOF meeting, next Tuesday, at SGF where a lot of people from all of the on-line forums (including this one) will get together to meet, talk with each other, and see what everyone has been doing and what they plan to change/add in the immediate future.  The meetup will he held Tuesday, Mar 25, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM – Chesapeake A-C. Add it to your Online Communities Meet-up SAS Global Forum 2014 Agenda.

However, as part of the meetup, we have an auction with all of the proceeds going to the conference's book drive.

This year, we will be auctioning off a set of the original SUGI proceedings (i.e., the meetings that were held before proceeding were available on CDs).

To be able to auction off a FULL set we need one last volume, namely '76.  If you happen to have a copy, or know of someone who might (and would be willing to part with it for a very worthy cause), please let me know.

Thanks,

Art

3 REPLIES 3
reneeharper
SAS Employee

Have you had any luck finding the 1976 proceedings yet?  I don't think I have ever seen one. It will be interesting to take a look back at some of these old goodies.

art297
Opal | Level 21

No luck yet.  The scanned version of it an the others can be found at:

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Conference_Proceedings

However, for the book drive auction, I'd really like to put together a full set of the originals and, currently, we are only missing '76.  Kathy Council is currently checking around SAS Institute for us.

However, if your volunteering, Howard Schreier suggested a possible alternative.  If you can print the '76 version from the above link and have the cover autographed by Goodnight, Sall, Miller and any other available year-one authors, that would, I think, be 'almost' as good.  Do you have time to do that?

In fact, if we do end up getting the original, we could auction off the autographed copy as a 2nd auction item.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

SAS Users Group International '76 proceedings:

(hmm strange) Lex should be arround Washington although more cdisc oriented...

You want the hardcopy versions I assume.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation