BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhatRam33
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All!

I'm looking to annualize my totals that I have through 05/31/2017 and looking to annualize for total current year based on the numbers through the end of May.

Example: $12,500 in total sales through 05/31/2017 and looking to annualize/project for full year of 2017 based on those current results.  Will also be performing the same calculating once June is complete.

I've been able to do this in Excel and wondering if this is at all possible in SAS.

Any help and/or coding examples will be greatly appreciated. 😃

4 REPLIES 4
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Please provide some sample data in the form of a datastep 🙂

PhatRam33
Fluorite | Level 6

Here is an example of what the data looks like

data work.temp;

format date date9.;

input

date mmddyy10.

type $

sales 8.

;

cards;

05/31/2017 APPLES 12500

05/31/2017 ORANGES 8000

;

run;

Reeza
Super User

This isn't just a technical question, you have to provide the methodology and you need historic to forecast out. 

You can look at the procedures in SAS/ETS (time series) data on how you might forecast your data.

ballardw
Super User

@PhatRam33 wrote:

Hello All!

I'm looking to annualize my totals that I have through 05/31/2017 and looking to annualize for total current year based on the numbers through the end of May.

Example: $12,500 in total sales through 05/31/2017 and looking to annualize/project for full year of 2017 based on those current results.  Will also be performing the same calculating once June is complete.

I've been able to do this in Excel and wondering if this is at all possible in SAS.

Any help and/or coding examples will be greatly appreciated. 😃

Describe the process you used in Excel.

If it is anything like assuming the sales will be the same for each month of the year and extrapolate that total to the end of the year then:

data work.temp;
   format date date9.;
   input
      date mmddyy10.
      type $
      sales 8.
   ;
   EstAnnualSale = (sales/month(date))*12;
cards;
05/31/2017 APPLES 12500
05/31/2017 ORANGES 8000
;
run;

The sales/(month(date)) determines average monthly sales to date.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation