Analysis Comparing Two Models

Occasional Contributor

Analysis Comparing Two Models

Hi all,

I'm running an analysis but I'm not sure which one to choose and how best to go about running it using SAS.

Hypothetical situation:

- I have a group of millions of smokers. Half of the smokers decided to buy a new kind of cigarette that got introduced a few years into the study

- for each smoker that bought this new kind, they were assigned a Year of Purchase and so all their data can be compared to their unique Year of Purchase as follows:

- an individual has a smoking rate 3 years before their purchase, it is at T=-3

- an individual has a smoking rate 1 year after their purchase, it is at T=+1

-etc...

- to compare these purchasers to the non-purchasers, we matched them 1:1 based on various characteristics

- then assigned these non-purchasers the same Year of Purchase as their matched counterparts (as if they had purchased), in order to work on the same X-Axis scale

- We want to look at the rates of smoking in purchasers and non-purchasers, based on their T Years, and note the effect of this new cigarette being introduced. Specifically, we want to show that the smoking rate in purchasers has gotten significantly larger since they purchased the new cigarettes

- I have a graph with trend lines for:

- smoking rates in non-purchasers before the introduction of new cigarettes

- smoking rates in non-purchasers after introduction

- smoking rates in purchasers before the introduction of new cigarettes

- smoking rates in purchasers after introduction

What analysis can I run to compare these groups? How do I run it in SAS? And how can I get a P-Value for this graph to show that the smoking rate in purchasers has gotten significantly larger since they purchased the new cigarettes?

Thanks tons!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation