Alternative to option headskip in proc report

Trusted Advisor

Alternative to option headskip in proc report

Dear All,

This is with regard to a situation i came across while i was generating the report in pdf by ODS. I found that when we use headskip , we normally get a space below the column header. It works in the RTF outputs, however in the pdf output generated we don't see the space below the column header.  Is there any reason for this or am i am missing anything?

Could you please suggest if an alternative way to get the space below the column header in pdf outputs.

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
Super User
Super User

Re: Alternative to option headskip in proc report

Doesn't make sense to me that it would work in RTF output as documentation says it only applies to listing output.

HEADSKIP

writes a blank line beneath all column headings (or beneath the underlining that the HEADLINE option writes) at the top of each page of the report.

Restriction:This option has no effect on ODS destinations other than traditional SAS monospace output.
Trusted Advisor

Yes Tom, i agree with you the headline and headskip has no effect in ODS. Just to make sure what i meant, the PDF output generated has no space below the column header so i was looking for an alternative.

Please check image below which is a part of the pdf output i generated,

There is no space below the column header.

i did try style(header)=[cellheight=0.8in vjust=top] from other searches. But this did not work in my case as it was increasing the header height.

Thanks , i tried what you mentioned and even this was working on the header

However i was looking for the output like below

I got the above output by the compute block and line statement

ods pdf file='path/sample.pdf';

proc report data=sashelp.class nowindows  style=minimal;

compute before;

line '';

endcomp;

run;

ods pdf close;

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
Respected Advisor

You will need to use style option(s) in the proc report statement. Try adding option : style(header)=[paddingbottom=4mm].

PG

PG
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation