05-31-2015 05:31 AM
After 4.5 years of experience in SAS (Finance Domain) how much it is necessary to do BASE SAS or Advanced SAS certification ??? Please guide
06-01-2015 06:55 AM
- how many data steps have I written?
- do I understand the inner working of the data step?
- how many working SAS SQL queries have I written?
- how many external files have I successfully imported?
- how many exports from SAS to other data formats have I done?
- how many reports have I created by manipulating/writing code?
- how many (and which) SAS procedures can I code from memory?
- did I make proper use of the macro engine when needed?
- have I ever set up a SAS installation on my own?
as these answers may give you a clue where to begin.
If all you ever did was to use the point-and-click frontend to a SAS application, you best start at SAS Programming 1.