Advanced Cert Data Sets

Accepted Solution Solved
Valued Guide
Accepted Solution

Advanced Cert Data Sets

Hello, First I'd like to thank everyone for helping in the past.  I just passed the SAS Base Certificate and appreciate all the help this forum has provided.

Second, this book didn't come with a disk in the back and the version of sas I am using does not have the data sets in sasuser as the book shows.  Is there anywhere I can download these data sets, or is there anywhere that would have the scripts to load them into a work library?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-19-2013 06:14 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Advanced Cert Data Sets

Hi:

The Advanced Certification Prep Guide does not have a CD. It was my understanding that many of the data sets used for the Base Certification book were also used for the Advanced Prep Guide too. In fact on the SAS OnDemand server, the data sets for both Prep Guides are in one folder. So, you might check on the CD that you used for the Base Prep Guide to see whether some of the same data sets are used in your edition of the book.

However, if you are using SAS Display Manager, such as on a work or school installation, then you CAN create the datasets by choosing:

Help--> Learning SAS Programming --> Popup box asking if you want to create learning datasets --> click OK. Then the datasets for the Advanced Prep Guide are put into your SASUSER library. Do note that these steps only work on SAS Display Manager from the Help menu.

I hope this helps explain where you can find the data.

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-19-2013 06:14 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Advanced Cert Data Sets

Hi:

The Advanced Certification Prep Guide does not have a CD. It was my understanding that many of the data sets used for the Base Certification book were also used for the Advanced Prep Guide too. In fact on the SAS OnDemand server, the data sets for both Prep Guides are in one folder. So, you might check on the CD that you used for the Base Prep Guide to see whether some of the same data sets are used in your edition of the book.

However, if you are using SAS Display Manager, such as on a work or school installation, then you CAN create the datasets by choosing:

Help--> Learning SAS Programming --> Popup box asking if you want to create learning datasets --> click OK. Then the datasets for the Advanced Prep Guide are put into your SASUSER library. Do note that these steps only work on SAS Display Manager from the Help menu.

I hope this helps explain where you can find the data.

cynthia

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation