BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BCNAV
Quartz | Level 8

This is probably an easy answer, but how does one add months to a date variable.

Example:

suppose date_start='01Aug2015'd and I use this as the ending point for my historical data. When I build my model and use the lead=12 option for my arima forecast, I'd like to be able to use that 12 in the lead statement to autiomatically calculate a bound for using the band command to shade in the forecast area in sgplot.

So I need to be able to take that 12 and add it to date_start. I don't seem to be able to use:

date_end=date_start + 12,

So how can I add twelve months to date_start? I actually have a variable called lead_var that passes the lead value so I can change it in one place as a global variable and it will affect all arima calls. So in effect I need to be able to use:

date_end=date_start + lead_var

with lead_var=12 in this case.

Thanks again for all your help. These forums are amazing!

-Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
art297
Opal | Level 21
data have;
  input date date9.;
  format date date9.;
  cards;
2feb2017
3apr2016
;
data want;
  set have;
  format newdate date9.;
  newdate=intnx('month',date,12,'s');
run;

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
art297
Opal | Level 21
data have;
  input date date9.;
  format date date9.;
  cards;
2feb2017
3apr2016
;
data want;
  set have;
  format newdate date9.;
  newdate=intnx('month',date,12,'s');
run;

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

BCNAV
Quartz | Level 8

thank you!

This worked perfectly

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation