BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sosilsil
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

In OLAP Cube Studio, when the cube is being defined a physical storage for the cube  must be indicated.

Is there a way to preassign  that  physical path according to the user group?

e.g.:  users who belongs to group A build cube in a phsycal storage ( /sasdata/objectsA)

users who belongs to group B build cube in a phsycal storage ( /sasdata/objectsB)

may be this configurated in SAS 9.3?

we have a unix environment with several SASAPP servers .

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Silvia

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You could set up the security in UNIX accordingly, which you probably would like to do anyway, if you want to secure your data.

Data never sleeps
sosilsil
Calcite | Level 5

but there is one unix user for each context server (SASAPP...) and how could I manage this.

e.g.: in my SASAPP1 I've got three groups of users working , but their processes are launched by a single unix user (sasserver1) how coul I manage different directories for each group in unix?

thanks!

Silvia

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It works pretty much same as with metadata authorization. You can assign rights on the group level. You might want to discuss this with a UNIX admin at your site.

Data never sleeps
sosilsil
Calcite | Level 5

thanks Linush!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation