BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ASJ
Calcite | Level 5 ASJ
Calcite | Level 5

You can create one function and one CALL routine in a single FCMP procedure step.
a.True
b.False

For above question in fourth version of prep guide, the answer is listed as False.

However, as I read the answer should be True.

Please let me know the correct answer. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The wording is vague, which is probably what is causing your confusion.  I suspect the author meant to write

> You can create at most one function and one CALL routine in a single FCMP procedure step.

Now the question is unambiguous. The answer is false because you can define multiple functions in a single call to PROC FCMP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
What do you mean by "as you read"?
If in doubt, and for reliable learning, try this out in live SAS session...
Data never sleeps
KachiM
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

False is the right answer.

A single FCMP procedure can have any number of Functions and Call Routines.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The wording is vague, which is probably what is causing your confusion.  I suspect the author meant to write

> You can create at most one function and one CALL routine in a single FCMP procedure step.

Now the question is unambiguous. The answer is false because you can define multiple functions in a single call to PROC FCMP.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation