01-10-2017 06:10 AM
I am new to SAS AMO in Excel and I'm trying to run a Stored Process (STP) and get the results back to my spreadsheet. Running the STP works fine but the results not. The error message is that it can't find the server -->
The VBA code that I'm using:
Dim sas As SASExcelAddIn
Set sas = Application.COMAddIns.Item("SAS.ExcelAddIn").Object
sas.InsertStoredProcess "/Solvens 2 : Verksamheten/Aktuarie/BI Content/ClaesExcelAMO_DEV", Sheet1.Range("A1")
Dim displayData As SASDataView
Set displayData = sas.InsertDataFromLibrary("SASApp", "slasklib", "Yalla", Sheet2.Range("A5"), 25, False, "", False)
(if I use the SASHELP library and dataset CLASS, it works fine)
Do I need to define my library in another way? (they are pre-assinged, type "By native library Engine")
Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?
(SAS 9.3 M2 and SAS Add-In 7.1)
01-10-2017 08:45 AM
Start Enterprise Guide, use the same credentials you use in the AMO, connect to SASApp and look for library slasklib.
The only thing that comes to mind is that the user used in AMO does not have the same permissions as sassrv (which is most probably used to start the STP server instances)
01-10-2017 08:50 AM
01-10-2017 09:01 AM
Keep in mind that there are possibly three UserIDs in play here:
1) sassrv, a user on the OS level that physically runs the STP server processes
2) the metadata user ID that is used to call the STP; this might even be an internal ID (no OS account assigned)
3) the userid used from the AMO. Since the AMO most probably connects to a non-pooled workspace server, this userID needs to be in metadata and OS
1) and 3) need physical access to the path, 2) and 3) need metadata permissions for the library.
2) and 3) might be identical, of course
01-16-2017 03:35 AM