BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
karen8169
Obsidian | Level 7

I use the same data, but the result is different. Who can tell me what wrong is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Separate however you want. Just ensure that the program supplied can be executed.

Paste using the appropriate methods (see post by @mkeintz)  and then run the text that you have pasted after copying it from the page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mkeintz
PROC Star

Instead of attaching files, why not make it easier for the people whose help you are requesting?  You can use the little Insert SAS Code  or Insert Code icon to insert your sas programs.  Then we could all see it without the attendant risk (and annoyance) of having to download.

As to your question.  Please identify some differences (i.e. actual values) that you did not expect.  And show us the sas log that came from running your programs.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Your programs don' t run properly. The data contains tabs and is not read as given.

karen8169
Obsidian | Level 7
How to solve the problem? It can't read .csv well. Should I seperate each datum with a comma?
Reeza
Super User

How to solve the problem? It can't read .csv well. Should I seperate each datum with a comma?

A correctly structured CSV should have commas. CSV -> Comma Separated Values

Start with the errors in the order they appear, otherwise they propagate throughout your program. 

If your file isn't a CSV, what is the delimiter?

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Separate however you want. Just ensure that the program supplied can be executed.

Paste using the appropriate methods (see post by @mkeintz)  and then run the text that you have pasted after copying it from the page.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation