A little advice on SAS Programmer Interviews.

New Contributor

A little advice on SAS Programmer Interviews.

I was not sure if this question belonged here, but i just had such a rough time in my second phone interview that i had to ask for some advice.  I recently got base sas certified last year(2012) and i am a recent undergraduate. I am trying to jump into the market but my problem is that even though i may know the material, due to my nervousness, i often mess up, i forget how to explain the answer appropriately and i just ramble on.  I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to overcome this issue i am having.  Thank you very much for your time, i really appreciate it.

Super User

Re: A little advice on SAS Programmer Interviews.

Posted in reply to Smileyxv3

As with anything else in life, practice.  Build up your skills a little at a time.  For example ...

Start with the questions you messed up.  Try saying your answer out loud with nobody else around.

Then make a list of a few such questions.  Have a friend ask you the questions in any order, and speak your answer to the friend.

Then make a list of new questions that you weren't yet asked.  Have a friend ask you those new questions ...

Good luck.

New Contributor

Posted in reply to Astounding

Thank you very much for your response, i really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Respected Advisor

Posted in reply to Smileyxv3

Maybe you have already done so, but by Google "sas interview questions", you will have many hits, it may help you come up with your question list per Astounding suggested. Landing first any job isn't easy, especially a SAS job, which emphasizes a lot "experiences".  If you have bandwidth, I would suggest you get "advanced" certificate given that you don't have much experience, it is not just  for a stronger resume, more important, you will learn new skills along the road while you are building up your confidence. Also spending more time here will definitely help as well.

Haikuo

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation