BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
singhamit_bit
Calcite | Level 5

We are migrating from Norkom to SAS AML(5.1) and need to migrate all alerts along with any attachments that were attached to the alerts. Need your suggestion if attachments can be migrated to SAS AML as part of alerts migration.

2 REPLIES 2
Maarten_at_SAS
SAS Employee

As you probably know, In AML 5.1 the attachments are controlled by Shared Services content server and one approach is to make the webdav content server act as a filesystem to which you can copy the files from a real filesystem location. Collogues have used BitKinex for migrating in the opposite direction (taking the attachments from the webdav content server) and I am not sure if it will help you the other way around. Also you will have to update to sas_attachment table on the sharedservices database.   

Whilst I do not have code supporting your precise use case (Norkom to SAS AML 5.1), I do have code, shared by one of our colleagues, to support migration from 5.1 to 7.1. This may give you a good starting point for understanding the AML 5.1 side of things. 

I appreciate this is not a full answer to your question. Let me know if we need to share the above referred code with you.

manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @singhamit_bit, did you find any resolution for this? I have recently done some POC to migrate attachments on AML 5.1. might be helpful to you. Please let me know if you still face this issue.