BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnirbanJD1
Obsidian | Level 7

I am looking to explore good audit trail applications which can be used with SAS environments for banking and finance domain.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Maarten_at_SAS
SAS Employee

Dear AnirbanJD1

Not sure I fully understand the scope of the question. I have never seen a requirement for a separate audit tool alongside with the software we implement in the regulatory compliance and financial crimes space.

Typically audit trail functions are built into the application and or relate to the database/data warehouse design, hence fall more into the space of data management.

Audit departments may use their own applications to manage their day-to-day operations, but these would either be generic operational risk management tools (such as SAS MRM or SAS EGRC) or case management/workflow type of applications, such as SAS Visual Investigator. Either way, I would recommend SAS Visual Investigator as a tool for auditing in relation to SAS or any systems, as it will provide the ability to ingest the various audit and history records across wide a number of systems and provide the audit department with an operational UI with workflow capability. You can combine this with SAS Data (Management) Studio or Data Flows for any advanced data operations if, for example, your audit data is from disparate sources.

Perhaps your question is of a more technical nature and goes more into the direction of forensic investigation, which relates more to the SAS Cyber Security offering.  For example, login / data access details can be captured and scenarios applied to it to alert on unusual activity, events where the data is tampered with can be identified, etc.

Please provide further clarification on what you are looking for if the above does not answer your question.

AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

Our product (Data Controller for SAS) provides audit tracing for the upload of sensitive data such as spreadsheet models and other business-sourced data.  This video gives a good overview.  

Data Controller is supported on both SAS Viya and regular Enterprise SAS 9 (EBI) and is free for 5 users.

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs