BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
OAK_BRANCH_RG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, 

I'm using SAS Visual Investgator 10.5. I'm working with a dataset that contains latitude and longitude fields. It works well to display it on the location map, but it seems that SAS cuts the decimals on the display, and just let 2 digits after the comma. 
In pgAdmin I have my 2 variables that are DOUBLE and with 15 decimals after the comma. 1.png

In SAS Vi it's also in double. 

Is there any way to modify the number of digit after the comma on the display screen ?  

Is there any manipulation to modify it to display the longitude and the latitude with, for example 15 digits ? 2.png

My user have all the Admin rights but I don't find a way to change the numerical format for the longitude or latitude field.

Thanks a lot !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hello, 

If you drag a field of type "double" onto a page template the default control associated with that field is a Number Input control with the number of decimal places displayed set to "2" - you can change the number of decimal places to 6 in the control properties or alternatively use a text input control to display this value. Using a text input control will show all the numbers after the decimal point. With the double type it looks like the value is rounded to 2 decimal places in the search result detail view. 

I tried this with a field of type numeric which had a scale of 8 defined - this displayed the full value (all numbers after the decimal point) for the field shown in the search results detail view and the page template - I'm not sure if you can specify the scale for a field of type double?

Thanks

Susan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hello, 

If you drag a field of type "double" onto a page template the default control associated with that field is a Number Input control with the number of decimal places displayed set to "2" - you can change the number of decimal places to 6 in the control properties or alternatively use a text input control to display this value. Using a text input control will show all the numbers after the decimal point. With the double type it looks like the value is rounded to 2 decimal places in the search result detail view. 

I tried this with a field of type numeric which had a scale of 8 defined - this displayed the full value (all numbers after the decimal point) for the field shown in the search results detail view and the page template - I'm not sure if you can specify the scale for a field of type double?

Thanks

Susan

OAK_BRANCH_RG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

Using a text input control allow me to display the value with all the numbers after the decimal point.

It's perfect  !

Thank you very much sir !