BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Virtually always when an answer to a question I replied to has been accepted as a solution, a small pop-up window tells me that "[OP's name] accepted your solution to [Subject]." This is misleading in the many cases where in fact it was a different user's solution.

Most recent occurrence:

notification.png

This appeared this morning on my screen after RW9's solution had been accepted (correctly) in this thread.

In contrast, the corresponding email notifications appropriately differentiate between "A reply ..." and "Your answer ...".

The notification feed correctly informs about my accepted solutions, whereas solutions from others are not mentioned.

[Edit 2019-04-30: Reattached screenshot, which had been deleted by mistake.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

All,

We have been notified that the fix took place. Please let us know if this seems to have taken care of the issue, or if you continue to see it happening.

Again, thanks to everyone who notified us and for your patience in getting it fixed. The "squeaky wheel" works!

Best,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I know this is an old post that was just edited, but has this continued to happen? 

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Yes, I think so. At least it has been happening for years after my post, until fairly recently. Thanks for picking this up.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I've opened a ticket with our platform provider. Since it will likely be impossible to replicate the issue, we'll see what they have to say.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@ShelleySessoms wrote:

I've opened a ticket with our platform provider.

Great, thanks.

Since it will likely be impossible to replicate the issue, ...

I would have thought this should be fairly easy with two or three test users playing around with a test question (if the issue still exists): User 1 posts a "question", User 2 and User 3 reply. User 1 marks User 3's reply as a solution while User 2 pays attention to the incorrect pop-up message he or she might receive. (Maybe this will work even if User 1 plays the role of User 3.)

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

The provider is trying to replicate it as you, in an internal test site, to see if there is anything going on with your profile, permissions, etc. So far, they are unable to do so.

It's not a known issue and we have not had any other users mention this, so we're wondering if it's specific to your profile somehow. I'll let you know!

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

This happens quite frequently for me as well. 

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @PeterClemmensen. I'll add your profile to the ticket and maybe that will help the platform provider diagnose any issues.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@ShelleySessoms wrote:

The provider is trying to replicate it as you, in an internal test site, to see if there is anything going on with your profile, permissions, etc. So far, they are unable to do so.

It's not a known issue and we have not had any other users mention this, so we're wondering if it's specific to your profile somehow. I'll let you know!

It is a well known issue and has been happening for a long time. I just ignore it.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

With this information, I've escalated the issue with the provider. I'll do my best to work with them to find and resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Shelley

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

The provider is asking for recent examples of this occurring. If this happens to anyone, please try to capture a screen shot of the incorrect popup notification with a link to the thread and post it here or send it to me via email.

Thanks, and know we are working to resolve this issue as best we can.

Shelley

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@ShelleySessoms wrote:

The provider is asking for recent examples of this occurring. If this happens to anyone, please try to capture a screen shot of the incorrect popup notification with a link to the thread and post it here or send it to me via email.

No problem. Here's an example which I received a couple of minutes ago:

incorrect_notification.jpg

It refers to this solution: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Iterate-with-do-loop-macro/m-p/558387#M155845.

Note that I did not even contribute to that thread. I had only subscribed to it (with the intention to provoke the false notification).

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Congratulations @FreelanceReinh! You and the others found a bug in the product. The platform provider was able to reproduce this behavior internally. They've reported it to their engineering department, and will report back once they have information to share.

Thanks, again, for letting us know. And for being so patient during the research phase of the issue. I'll let you know what I hear.

Best,

Shelley

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

@ShelleySessoms thank you for the update. 

I don't know if this has a relation to the issue being investigated. But today, I noticed that my accepted solution to this thread did not yield any notification. No pop-up was shows and no notification has been given in my notification feed as you can see below. 

Just wanted to add this 🙂

Capture.PNG

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Thanks for the additional information, @PeterClemmensen. It certainly seems it may be related. I will share with the platform provider.

Have a great weekend!

Shelley 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 6 in conversation