BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jonate_H
Quartz | Level 8

The new web page looks great. still need some time to get familiar with all new functions.

At the mean time, Can anyone tell me where I can find my old posts? It should be somewhere, but I can't find them. Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LainieH
Community Manager

Hi @Jonate_H@RW9 and @pearsoninst

The way I have be doing this lately, is to search on a username via the search bar above (select the dropdown for Users). 

You'll then see a card like this

posts.jpg

If you click on "Posts" it will hyperlink you to the list of all your posts: https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/19321

Alternatively, if you go to your View Profile Page, the URL will include a number for your user-id. You can then replace the number in the URL above to get the list.

I realize we need a more direct way for doing this. I hope this helps in the meantime, though.

@pearsoninst, here are your posts: https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/59783

@RW9, here are your posts: https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/45151

If you have ideas on the ways you might like to see these diplayed let me know. I am looking into how to sort these by date. 

Have a great day, 

Lainie

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
pearsoninst
Pyrite | Level 9
Go to you profile ,first option on top right of your screen click there and select profile scroll down you will see "My Subscriptions" .
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, this gives a list of all the posts you have participated in, not sure if that answers the original post?  It is a good question though, I would like to see posts I have created separate from those I have taken part in, this used to be the case in the old system, but I couldn't find a simliar thing here.

LainieH
Community Manager

Hi @Jonate_H@RW9 and @pearsoninst

The way I have be doing this lately, is to search on a username via the search bar above (select the dropdown for Users). 

You'll then see a card like this

posts.jpg

If you click on "Posts" it will hyperlink you to the list of all your posts: https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/19321

Alternatively, if you go to your View Profile Page, the URL will include a number for your user-id. You can then replace the number in the URL above to get the list.

I realize we need a more direct way for doing this. I hope this helps in the meantime, though.

@pearsoninst, here are your posts: https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/59783

@RW9, here are your posts: https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/45151

If you have ideas on the ways you might like to see these diplayed let me know. I am looking into how to sort these by date. 

Have a great day, 

Lainie

Jonate_H
Quartz | Level 8

The link you provided is exactly what I am looking for.That is an easier way to get access to all questions I asked (and the helpful answers). 

Personally, I think it would be great if I can find my post list through an easy-find button. (at the very beginning I didn't try to find post through "Profile" because I thought that is only for my profile setting).

Thank you all for your kindly help.

LainieH
Community Manager

You're welcome. Thanks, @Jonate_H

On your View Profile page you will also see a list of Latest Posts.  If you click the View All link it will similarly take you to that URL. I hope that helps. Have a nice day, 

Lainie

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi Lainie,

Many thanks for this useful hint. Unfortunately, it does not work perfectly accurately for me: I have written 20 posts so far (the first one on Oct 31), not counting the one you're reading. When I click on the link "20 Posts" on my "card", as you suggested, I get a list of only 18 posts. (Same, of course, with the "View all" link at the bottom of the list of "Latest Posts".) And there is no second page.

I was able to get a complete list of the topics (not the individual posts) I contributed to by searching for "Re:" (luckily, all my posts were answers!) and then restricting the expected huge list (of "about 40,000 discussions") by entering my user name into the field "By author".

It turned out that the two formerly missing posts were exactly those which I posted to the German "CoDe SAS" community. Strikingly, in the complete list of my 15 topics, these 2 posts (topics) have a "Group" icon (as if they were a different type of object), whereas the other 13 (corresponding to my 18 English posts) have a "Topic" icon (speech bubble), as shown below:

different_icons.PNG

It would be great if the German posts could be included into the list of "all" posts (maybe by ticking some "include ..." checkbox) in order to have the list complete and consistent with the displayed number of posts.

Best regards,

Reinhard

[Edit 2019-04-30: Reattached screenshot, which had been deleted by mistake.]

LainieH
Community Manager

Hi @FreelanceReinh,

It turns out there there is such a check box to include the group content from the German CoDe SAS community.

You should find it there now, on your profile page and the 'card' https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=freelanceReinhard

Thank you very much for letting me know - that is good to know. (thank you for taking the time to analyze your case)...

Best regards,

Lainie

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi Lainie,

Thank you so much. I take it that you had a check box to include that group content and, in fact, now I get a complete list of all my (meanwhile) 25 posts. Great!

I'm not quite sure, though, whether the (two) German posts are counted in the number of "Replies" (an item in the "Private Statistics" on my profile page), as this number (23) still differs by two from the total number of posts (while the number of "Topics Started" and all other similar numbers are, correctly, zero). But maybe it's just that the underlying definition of "Reply" is different from what I think it is. In any case, this would be only a very minor inconsistency, so please don't waste your time with that if it is not very easy to correct.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Reinhard

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation