BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mkr390390
Calcite | Level 5

I downloaded: 

SAS University Edition

VirtualBox, ESD

Single user
Non-commercial use

The next step was to import "unvbasicvapp__9411013__ova__en__sp0__1.ova " via the Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager, However this was not downloaded as an .ova file but a .txt file and I cannot import it.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

How big is the file? Are you on Windows, OS or Linux? What makes you think it's a text file, though another user complained about the same thing so it's possible the download is corrupt somehow.  

I tried it (right now) and two ova files were downloaded, with both the Windows and OS X options. They are 2.31 GB and show as a plain doc image for me, though the actual extension when viewed is OVA. 

Also, you downloaded the file from here, right?

https://www.sas.com/en_ca/software/university-edition/download-software.html

@mkr390390 wrote:

I downloaded: 

SAS University Edition

VirtualBox, ESD

Single user
Non-commercial use

The next step was to import "unvbasicvapp__9411013__ova__en__sp0__1.ova " via the Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager, However this was not downloaded as an .ova file but a .txt file and I cannot import it.  Any suggestions?

mkr390390
Calcite | Level 5

The file size is 141MB. I did the download for Windows. The file automatically opens in notepad and is saved as a .txt file.

I downloaded from the link sent to my email via the sas store:  support.sas.com/edownload/software/dpunve001 virtualbox

Reeza
Super User

That’s not the full file, not sure what’s happening though. The download should start automatically, ignore the email. Try downloading it again and if you don’t get a file that’s 2.3 GB it’s probably time to talk to SAS Tech Support. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation