BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I used to find this very useful in the old community but there doesn't appear to be anything similar in the new one.

Did anyone else find it useful and do you think it would be good to have something similar in the new one?

6 REPLIES 6
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

There's a lot of features that help users navigate that seems to be absent in the new forum. I agree, this feature would be helpful to have as well.

--
Paige Miller
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

On each individual post, you will see a box on the right nav that says "Recommendations." This acts similarly to the "More Like This" functionality in the old platform.

Recommendations.PNG

I hope you'll find this helpful.

Thanks,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

"Recommendations" doesn't seem to be anything close to "More Like This".

For example, the "Recommendations" for this thread are:

More Like This Facility - SAS Support Communities - Mozilla Firefox_2015-09-17_10-39-20.jpg

and I contend there is nothing in the "Recommendations" that remotely comes close to "More Like This"

--
Paige Miller
LainieH
Community Manager

Hi Paige, let me check on the configurations for that - there may be something more we can do in the future with the settings.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll let you know what Recommendations is using for logic, too. I'll flag this - it may be next week before I can respond to this specifically - but I am noting it. good feedback. Thanks!

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Checking other threads, "Recommendations" seems to more closely follow what "More Like This" used to provide.

--
Paige Miller
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I too see that the Recommendations often don't have anything to do with the current post, hence doesn't provide what "More Like This" used to do.

Perhaps this will improve over time as history in the new system builds up.

As an aside, I often found that new posters questions were already answered in "More Like This" if they could be educated to look there...

Thanks for the feedback. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation