BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dave25
Quartz | Level 8

I submitted a question to the Community, and followed up by sending the problem to SAS tech support - they provided a solution, which I then submitted to SAS Communities - 

My question - is it appropriate to then assign "Accept Solution" to a post I submit in response to my own question? (seems a bit,,,,gauche?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @Dave25,

I reviewed the question/solution, and since it does resolve the problem, it is perfectly acceptable to mark your own solution as "Accepted Solution." This way, others with the same problem will better find the help they need.

Thanks for checking in with us on this. And thanks for using the SAS Support Communities.

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @Dave25,

I reviewed the question/solution, and since it does resolve the problem, it is perfectly acceptable to mark your own solution as "Accepted Solution." This way, others with the same problem will better find the help they need.

Thanks for checking in with us on this. And thanks for using the SAS Support Communities.

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Astounding
PROC Star

Dave,

No problem with the circumstances you describe.  As a long-time poster, these are the situations that annoy me:

• Never marking a solution as correct, even when there are correct solutions given.
  • Marking an incorrect solution as correct.
  • Taking a correct solution, and replying, "That was great.  It really worked.  Thanks."  Then marking your reply as the correct solution..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation