BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am studing some very useful papers from SUGI 26 - 'Beginning tutorials'. Could anybody say from where the sample datasets and programs can be downloaded? Do they exist at all?

6 REPLIES 6
art297
Opal | Level 21

Many of those authors are still around today. If you post the titles/authors of the specific tutorials you're interested in, some of them might still have what you're looking for.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Reeza
Super User

That's a 16 year old paper 🙂

Depending on the topic you may be able to find some newer and more relevant tutorials.

DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Reeza wrote:

Your are completely right but when I put in a  search 'sugi proc tabulate' I receive these tutorials, which are possibly popular and are indexed in google then ).

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

SUGI is the old name for the largest SAS users conference.  For a set of more modern results, try searching for "sas global forum proc tabulate".

And if your goal is to learn PROC TABULATE, may I suggest trying the Summary Tables task in SAS Enterprise Guide?  It provides a drag-and-drop interface that generates very clean TABULATE code.  You can open the Code Preview pane and watch how different actions affect the statements/options.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you, Chris. I became aware about SUGI from my SAS tutor here in Ukraine. Your information will be useful for him as well ).
Reeza
Super User

@DmytroYermak wrote:

@Reeza wrote:

Your are completely right but when I put in a  search 'sugi proc tabulate' I receive these tutorials, which are possibly popular and are indexed in google then ).

Search LexJansen.com

Yes, Google is really good at showing older results and older results have more hits simply because they've been around longer but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the best. But it's definitely a bit of work to find valid and working tutorials. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation