BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mandaar_mantri
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am new to SAS. I want to understand which software provided by SAS can I used to address below mentioned scenario.

Scenario

Client uses Oracle as back-end database. Currently they are executing different SQL queries based on some filtering conditions and extracting the data in excel / CVS format. Client would like to have  solution built in SAS, which will read the data from Oracle, based on some filtering conditions and then visualize the data. They also want to share these visualizations built in SAS to be shareable using a web URL (If sharing using an URL is not possible then they would also like to know what are the different possible solutions to share the visualization). All of this process needs to be automated.

I would like to know which SAS software will be the best at addressing this issue.

Regards,

Mandaar Mantri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @mandaar_mantri,

I concur with the general recommendation as provided to you. Your SAS account manager will be able to help you.

The most popular solution out there would be SAS Visual Analytics, which allows Data preparation and exploration and then provide the report.

For the connection to Oracle data, an additional license is required: SAS/ACCESS to Oracle (better) or SAS/ACCESS to ODBC.

SAS Visual Analytics will load the data in RAM memory, which will allow big data and big reports to load with best performance.

Another option you have available is to have a less costly solution, such as SAS Office Analytics (as an example, and will allow you to get data and reports directly from an Office Addon in Word, Excel, etc) and create your reports as Stored Processes. You would still need a SAS/ACCESS license.

The interesting part of this second option is that, if you have good Web Developers there, the Stored Processes can print reports as HTML5, so your data experts can program the SAS stored processes, and the interface can be programmed by your Web Developers as GUIs. In some cases, the performance can be even better.

If you are interested in this option, you can check the HTML5 adapter for SAS created by Boemska ( @boemskats ), great experiences with it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @mandaar_mantri

SAS Institute offers several products and solution bundles. These solution bundles range from pre-packaged solutions to tackle specific business area to custom bundles.

I would strongly recommend reaching out to either you customer's SAS Account Manager (Sales) or the designated Sales Engineer to your customer's account. They are the best resources to discuss needs/requirements and suggest solution bundles based on your customer's budget, user counts, deployment design (On-Prim, Cloud), and so on...

Just to show you what I mean, check this URL SAS Products & Solutions A to Z

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

mandaar_mantri
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @AhmedAl_Attar

I have went through the product list. I think below mentioned softwares can used to address this scenario 

SAS Access

SAS EMiner

SAS Visual Analytics

Any thoughts on this?

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

As @AhmedAl_Attar, the best place to get advice is to contact SAS sales or contact team.  There are several layers and such like which need to go through to assess correctly what best suits your needs, technical resource, and skillsets.  This is a Q&A board.

ccaulkins912
Obsidian | Level 7
Even better, start a new post and put it in those three forums, e.g. SAS Access

SAS EMiner

SAS Visual Analytics
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @mandaar_mantri,

I concur with the general recommendation as provided to you. Your SAS account manager will be able to help you.

The most popular solution out there would be SAS Visual Analytics, which allows Data preparation and exploration and then provide the report.

For the connection to Oracle data, an additional license is required: SAS/ACCESS to Oracle (better) or SAS/ACCESS to ODBC.

SAS Visual Analytics will load the data in RAM memory, which will allow big data and big reports to load with best performance.

Another option you have available is to have a less costly solution, such as SAS Office Analytics (as an example, and will allow you to get data and reports directly from an Office Addon in Word, Excel, etc) and create your reports as Stored Processes. You would still need a SAS/ACCESS license.

The interesting part of this second option is that, if you have good Web Developers there, the Stored Processes can print reports as HTML5, so your data experts can program the SAS stored processes, and the interface can be programmed by your Web Developers as GUIs. In some cases, the performance can be even better.

If you are interested in this option, you can check the HTML5 adapter for SAS created by Boemska ( @boemskats ), great experiences with it. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 5 in conversation