Community talk about communities.sas.com. Meta!

Training Material - File missing: newemps.csv (Using Enterprise Guide version 6.1)

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Training Material - File missing: newemps.csv (Using Enterprise Guide version 6.1)

I recently got a SAS book and SAS provided me with the training material.

SAS book has the following code:

data work.newsalesemps;
   length First_Name $ 12 Last_Name $ 18
          Job_Title $ 25;
   infile "&path\newemps.csv" dlm=',';   
   input First_Name $ Last_Name $  
         Job_Title $ Salary /*numeric*/;
run;

However I didn't receive the newemps.csv file from SAS which is specified in the infile statement. Can someone please help me with the same.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-01-2016 10:19 AM
Super User

Re: Training Material - File missing: newemps.csv (Using Enterprise Guide version 6.1)

Posted in reply to MakarandDalal
Well, luckily that course is free. If you navigate to the first part of the e-course it has instructions on how to set up the files. You can find a link to the course on SAS Analytics U Communities home page, right hand side under training.

Instructions differ depending on your system so make sure to use the correct set up.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: Training Material - File missing: newemps.csv (Using Enterprise Guide version 6.1)

Which book? If you find the book on the SAS Author's page most of the data sets are included there as well.

New Contributor

Sorry for the late reply. 

The book is SAS Programming 1: Essentials.

Book code: E2795

20MAR15

Solution
‎03-01-2016 10:19 AM
Super User

Well, luckily that course is free. If you navigate to the first part of the e-course it has instructions on how to set up the files. You can find a link to the course on SAS Analytics U Communities home page, right hand side under training.

Instructions differ depending on your system so make sure to use the correct set up.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation