BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MakarandDalal
Calcite | Level 5

I recently got a SAS book and SAS provided me with the training material.

SAS book has the following code:

data work.newsalesemps;
   length First_Name $ 12 Last_Name $ 18
          Job_Title $ 25;
   infile "&path\newemps.csv" dlm=',';   
   input First_Name $ Last_Name $  
         Job_Title $ Salary /*numeric*/;
run;

However I didn't receive the newemps.csv file from SAS which is specified in the infile statement. Can someone please help me with the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Well, luckily that course is free. If you navigate to the first part of the e-course it has instructions on how to set up the files. You can find a link to the course on SAS Analytics U Communities home page, right hand side under training.

Instructions differ depending on your system so make sure to use the correct set up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Which book? If you find the book on the SAS Author's page most of the data sets are included there as well.

MakarandDalal
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry for the late reply. 

The book is SAS Programming 1: Essentials.

Book code: E2795

20MAR15

Reeza
Super User
Well, luckily that course is free. If you navigate to the first part of the e-course it has instructions on how to set up the files. You can find a link to the course on SAS Analytics U Communities home page, right hand side under training.

Instructions differ depending on your system so make sure to use the correct set up.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation