BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Is it possible to find a list of threads that I originated (and not the ones I replied to)? If so, how?

--
Paige Miller
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You know what? We can do better.  Here you go, @PaigeMiller - a list of all of the topics that you started.

Anyone else want this? Just replace the "author=" in the URL with your own username.

communities.sas.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/activity-hub?author=<username>

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@PaigeMiller - did you know that you have your own "Tracker"?  It's true -- we're keeping tabs on you.

This page shows all threads/messages that you've contributed.  It does not meet your original ask (it includes replies to other threads), but it is a little bit more consumable as a list....maybe.  Any topic that doesn't have an "Re:" prefix is probably a topic you started.

I'll look to see if there are other ways to get the list you're looking for within the system.  I can -- of course -- generate a one-off report for  you if you'd like.  But self service would be better (and would scale to other users).

For others who want to check their messages, the link is:

communities.sas.com/t5/forums/messagetrackerpage/user-id/<your-numeric-id>

You can find your numeric ID at the tail end of the URL on your communities profile page.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You know what? We can do better.  Here you go, @PaigeMiller - a list of all of the topics that you started.

Anyone else want this? Just replace the "author=" in the URL with your own username.

communities.sas.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/activity-hub?author=<username>

Chris

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Follow-up question

Now that I can obtain a list of all topics that I started, is there also a way to search all topics that I started for those posts with a specific word in the title, or specific word in the text?

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

For the text in the title, you can use the browser search function on the page that shows all of your topics.  More than 100? Add "topics=500" to the URL to see more all at once:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/activity-hub?author=PaigeMiller&topics=500

But for seaching in the body of the text -- I don't have a way to do that and narrow the results to just topics you created (or replied to).  You could try searching for key words and adding your user name in there and see what comes up.

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 in conversation