BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Why do I always end up getting this error message when I browse the new forum on Chrome?Status 404.jpg

PG
14 REPLIES 14
stevyfargose
Obsidian | Level 7

I was getting it on firefox too but I updated the browser to lastest version and now its working fine. So try updating your browser.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21
I checked... my version of Chrome is the latest.
PG
LainieH
Community Manager

@PGStats thank you for letting us know about the 404 message. Others have noted this and we are talking with our technical team to troubleshoot. 

@stevyfargose, interesting about updating Chrome. Thanks for providing that workaround solution. Hope to get the reason for the 404s resolved.

It is possible that the 404 is being delivered due to changing the pointing of the "communities.sas.com" DNS URL to the new server where the site is now located. I wonder if you clear your cache completely this could resolve? I will follow up once I hear back from tech.

Have a great day, 
Lainie

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

In case this helps, the forum seems to be confused about what browser I am using. In my Private Statisttics it says Browser used for Last Visit :

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.85 Safari/537.36

PG
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I am getting the same error with Firefox 40, however IE 9 doesn't give me this problem.

--
Paige Miller
MikeZdeb
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

CHROME cleanup of CACHE and BROWSING HISTORY is of NO HELP in getting rid of the 404 problem

no issues in IE 11

ballardw
Super User

I have gotten several of the 404 using IE11. Sometimes when clicking the login, some times a drop down in the communities lists, sometimes reply and sometimes open in new tab. Very sporadic in occurence. I made a successful reply to two posts and then get the 404 on the next reply.

Tommywhosc
Obsidian | Level 7

My issues  mimic those described by ballardw (I'm using IE11 as well).

One strange twist tho... whenever I start at sas.com, and click thru Community -> (any of the choices: Data Mgt, VA, Admin, All  etc.) it's hit-or-miss if I get thru. But if/when I do get thru, I almost always find myself logged out of communities.sas.com, even tho I was logged in at sas.com. AND I always get the 404 message when I try to sign in. I can start over at sas.com, log out, click thru to communities, and then I'm able to sign in. And it seems that once I'm signed in at communities.sas.com, I don't get the 404.

If I start at communities.sas.com, I'm usually still signed in, and typically have less problems.

Tommywhosc
Obsidian | Level 7
A quick additional note: I've cleared the cache a few times; doesn't seem to help.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've been getting this error, regardless of browser, if I sign in (or are automatically signed) via support.sas.com then click through to Community. It only occurs once you try to open any discussion group.

If I go direct to communities.sas.com and sign in there then I don't get the error.

Looks like there is an interraction problem between support and communities.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I used to get 404's all the time after my session expired. After the move from lithium.com to communities.sas.com I got it once more. At that time I deleted just my sas.com cookies (Control-Shift-I > Resources > Cookies in Chrome) and I haven't seen the 404 since. I'm not saying that's the answer but it seemed to work for me (it could be a coincidence - I haven't tried to repeat it to test it).

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It had to happen - shortly after posting the above I got a 404 again - so clearing the old cookies was only a temporary solution.

LainieH
Community Manager

All: just an update: we are working on this issue on the SAS side here - I'm so sorry for the trouble and hope this gets fixed ASAP. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 in conversation