BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

It's disappointing to see the spammers have returned. I was unable to find a way to mark their content as spam as the previous site. Is there an option available? 

If the feature is available, it would be helpful to block members who spam rather than their individual content.

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
5 REPLIES 5
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Yes @Kurt_Bremser I tried this however the content still remains visible and isn't removed like the other site. It would be good if we could block the user creating the content.

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The spammers will always be with us -- that's a sad side effect of having a popular community.

However, we now have better tools to remove spam and intercept future spam.  Thank you for reporting the messages as abuse.  We'll be looking at ways to "deputize" many of you to do even more.

Thank you for your patience as we learn the best techniques with this new system.  We tested the spam-blocking capabilities, but there is nothing like a good field test on a live site to show us how to handle it!

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What is needed is a bunch of people who can kill off the spam (like you obviously just did), located all around the world, so that there is always someone available around the clock; otherwise the spammers could have free reign for at least 12 hours a day.

And who are notified as soon as someone reports inappropriate content.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation