BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Suvendu_Lenka
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All, 

I have a excel sheet like below which contains values for some division accoridng to age group which I used receive this every month.I have programme where I have to hardcoded the vlaues given from excel sheet to run that programme. Just wanna to automate this so that if we will get excel sheet in future we just need to place in a folder and a sas programme will pick all vlaues fron excel sheet and it in values in variable mentined in another programm. I Just want to do with Array+Macro concepts. Anyone's approch is highly appreciated . Thanks in Advance.

Can we use two dimensional array concepts here  ???

Please note :- It is just an example the original excel one contains huge obs with 44 variables.

Division_0_12_Mths_13_36_Mths_37_72_Mths_73_plus_Mths
abc122313487
def557790944
pqr99764899
xyz11347694
kml33996644
snw1188554485
ssl234675890543

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

And what is the desired output for the process to look like?

You mention another program. What kind " it in values in variable mentined in another program" things are you looking to match? You'll likely have to share at least that second program to know what variables might be. And with variable number of input columns I suspect lots of headaches getting this to align properly.

A "macro" may be possible. I'm not sure that arrays are going to help though as arrays are used to process multiple variables in a single row (observation) in a similar manner (usually).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation