BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

When I reply to a topic, the Rich Text box is the one that is default, up until about an hour ago it was fine, and it is fine when typing a new post like this, however when I reply to a question the rich text box is present, but I cannot select or enter text into it.  Does anyone else have this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi All --

I'm replying to this thread in Chrome -- which I hope means that this issue is resolved.  It might be necessary to restart your browser or use Shift+F5 to flush your browser cache to pick up the fixed scripts -- but I did not need to do that.

Some lessons learned on this one, and I'll be rounding back with our development team to make sure something good comes of this inconvenient experience.  Thanks to all of you for your patience and feedback.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
Yes. I reported it to Chris this morning. He is working with technical staff to resolve. You can use the "Quick Reply" text box and the HTML editor, but the "Rick Text" tab does not allow input.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting @RW9.  We're tracking it -- you've confirmed that it affects people outside of our network, which is something my tests didn't show.

In my tests, Firefox (using that now) works okay, but not Chrome.  However, I think you're using Firefox, is that correct?

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26
Well, my work laptop uses Chrome, this is the one having issues. My home one I have various browsers on there and testing on Firefox it seems to work fine. Strangely it works fine when posting a new question, just not on replies, and only on Chrome.
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
My theory is that the Chorme developers were pulled from the project to work on the hamburger emoji.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

An update: the problem is due to a change in our own software that we use to track metrics on the site -- it's not the communities platform (Lithium), but SAS-provided scripts that help feed our customer intelligence software across all of our web properties. 

To their credit, the development team has made this a high priority and they have a fix in hand.  They need to verify the fix, regression test, and deploy.  I'm hopeful that this will happen overnight or sometime tomorrow.  If it takes too long we can take another action to short-circuit the problem -- but we're hoping we get this resolved properly very soon.  Good news is that we found it first so it will be fixed for all other SAS customers before they even know it was broken 🙂

In the meantime, my experience (and others) show that Firefox is working.  I tend to use Chrome like many of you, so I'm hoping this temporary inconvenience will be fixed soon.  Thanks for your patience and support.

Chris and team

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Any news on a fix?  Site is barely usable on Chrome.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Is anyone else having issues with using the editor on this site using Chrome today?

Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Normally I use Chrome, but today it does not work. I cannot get the cursor to appear in the editor text box.

I am able to edit using IE.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yep, me as well.  Chrome and Rich Text box stopped working around an hour or so ago:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Community-Matters/Rich-Text-Box-not-receiving-text/m-p/409124#M2772

Firefox seems fine.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

We're tracking this with our support team. We'll update RW9's thread as we have news. Thanks for reporting!

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

It seems a little inconsistent. Could the message you are replying to make a difference?

Note you can type into the HTML version. It is just the Rich Text editor that does not work.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The fix is scheduled to be applied this afternoon, in the next couple of hours.  When we have verified it's in place, I'll post back.  And if for some reason the fix isn't applied, we'll take another action to mitigate.  I know it's a pain -- we feel it too.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@ChrisHemedinger wrote:

An update: the problem is due to a change in our own software that we use to track metrics on the site -- it's not the communities platform (Lithium), but SAS-provided scripts that help feed our customer intelligence software across all of our web properties. 

To their credit, the development team has made this a high priority and they have a fix in hand.  They need to verify the fix, regression test, and deploy.  I'm hopeful that this will happen overnight or sometime tomorrow.  If it takes too long we can take another action to short-circuit the problem -- but we're hoping we get this resolved properly very soon.  Good news is that we found it first so it will be fixed for all other SAS customers before they even know it was broken 🙂

In the meantime, my experience (and others) show that Firefox is working.  I tend to use Chrome like many of you, so I'm hoping this temporary inconvenience will be fixed soon.  Thanks for your patience and support.

Chris and team

It seems to be fixed now.

Also while you have their attention can you get them to fix the login/logout issue?  The site is still not properly prompting for credentials when it thinks you have overstayed.  (is it a session cookie?).  And now the trick of going to SUPPORT page an logging out doesn't work since they changed how that page works.  Now I need to goto this URL

https://login.sas.com/opensso/UI/Logout?realm=/extweb 

to logout from SAS.com so that I login in again to sascommunities.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Thanks @Tom - yes, we're pursuing that issue from both sides: the http 500 error we get when the session expires and an easier way to log out from the support site since the redesign.

art297
Opal | Level 21
I'm having the same problem with Chrome. Had to switch to html to even post this. Tried to respond to another post but, having to use html, the (i) icon isn't there. As a result, can't respond to the post I was trying to answer. Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 5 in conversation