BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cjkim1030
Calcite | Level 5

How do I remove a past post?

10 REPLIES 10
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I assume you want to delete one of your past posts?

Simply click the "wheel" image on the right side of the message and select delete.

delete.jpg

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
cjkim1030
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I don't see a delete option when I click on this. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I apologize; I misspoke. You can't delete posts after a certain amount of time. And you can't delete a post if it has replies. Only admins can do that. The easiest thing to do is mark the post as abuse, and let us know what you want done. That report will come to us and we can remove it from the community. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
cjkim1030
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you.
cjkim1030
Calcite | Level 5
Yes, I would like to remove some past posts but the delete option doesn't seem to appear when I click on the cog/wheel.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Note that is is considered rude behaviour by the community if you remove posts where people have invested time to find answers. Also note that it is always possible to edit posts if you inadvertently posted information that should be kept private.

cjkim1030
Calcite | Level 5
How do I edit content from a past post? I was told to mark as abuse so that it can be deleted.

cjkim1030
Calcite | Level 5

I know this would be considered rude, but there is content that needs to be removed.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I've removed the post that you requested.

You have the ability to edit/remove your own messages within a short time period after you post.  However, as soon as other reply, you can't delete the message as it would affect content that was contributed by others.  At this point, it's part of the community forum.

However, we recognize that sometimes folks post material (by accident) that doesn't belong on the public forum.  For example, information that is sensitive or proprietary.  It's not always obvious to the lay person when such information appears, so the original poster is the authority on that.  In that case, we have the "Report as Inappropriate Content" option.  A community manager will follow-up shortly to remove the post from public view.

cjkim1030
Calcite | Level 5

Being new to this process, I included information that I shouldn't have.  I need to have all posts related to the original removed if possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation