BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Can someone ask SAS DK not to use theses communities as a way of regestering every seesion in their local Forum gathering...?

Data never sleeps
8 REPLIES 8
LainieH
Community Manager

Hi @LinusH, I just got your message.

I'm ccing @ChrisHemedinger who is actually in Denmark and understands what they are doing.

We are working on a way to stop some of those feeds from showing up on the home page > is that the issue?

Let me see what we can do.. Thanks Linus

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
For SAS Forum DK, all of the slides/papers for the sessions are shared within the SAS Community Denmark section of the communities. They do this each year.

The DK community is public (meaning all can see it). If you're receiving notifications but aren't interested in the content, you'll probably need to adjust your subscriptions. This type of activity will only increase as more regional communities come online.

But as Lainie said, we'll also make changes to try and limit the activity that is sent to any site-wide feeds (such as the recent activity on the home page).
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
LainieH
Community Manager

@ChrisHemedinger wrote:
For SAS Forum DK, all of the slides/papers for the sessions are shared within the SAS Community Denmark section of the communities. They do this each year.

The DK community is public (meaning all can see it). If you're receiving notifications but aren't interested in the content, you'll probably need to adjust your subscriptions. This type of activity will only increase as more regional communities come online.

But as Lainie said, we'll also make changes to try and limit the activity that is sent to any site-wide feeds (such as the recent activity on the home page).

@ChrisHemedinger and @LinusH I believe that I discovered how to hide group messages from the home page. They are hidden now but I may have to reinstate it if my configuration doesn't work after testing. I'll let you know how this test works out. Thank you!

Have a good evening, 

Lainie

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

I think this relates to Patrick's post:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Discuss-the-New-Community/Unanswered-Questions-for-selected-communiti...

Perhaps a good idea would be to have a table of all the different groups and lists with a checkbox of what to receive.  

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Just wanted to pull this point up again as the main page sems to be being flooded with Danish posts?  Has there been a way to filter regional groups added?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Check now, @RW9.  Better?

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yep, that seems to have done it.  Though I wouldn't mind working in Denmark sometime, so perhaps I should learn the language Smiley Happy

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I was there this time last year -- beautiful place.  Also a group of fun, enthusiastic SAS users!

You can get by using English everywhere -- unless you want to understand them when they talk about you.

20151010_134614.jpg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation