BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Until recently, when I clicked the Cancel button before posting a reply, I would be redirected to the post I was about to reply to (which makes sense).

Now it appears that the behavior of this button has changed: Mostly I am redirected to some other recently viewed page. To return to the original thread, I have to go two steps back in my (Chrome) browser history. This is only a minor inconvenience, but I'm wondering why it has changed.

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi @FreelanceReinh.  I have just tried this in my Chrome install and it worked fine, i.e. I replied to this post, then clicked cancel and it went back to the post.  

To quote a IT mainstay, have you cleared your cache and restarted?  Could it also be any plugins that maybe running?

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @RW9,

Thanks for checking. My plugins seem to be only the default ones. I've just cleared the browser cache (and history etc.) and opened a new Chrome window. But the issue persists.

Then I've tested it on a different PC and on a laptop: Same issue on all three computers.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Very odd then, it works fine for me.  Have you made sure your logged in - top right - as I know that the login mechanism isn't very good.  If I open a new session it doesn't log me, but it does when I like a post or reply, but some functionality changes when I am not officially signed in, i.e. buttons may not be there etc.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Yes, I did all tests after logging in.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation