BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

I wanted to give a like to @Tom for his solution to:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Base-SAS-Programming/if-statement-not-working-in-macro/td-p/475438

but when I hover my mouse pointer over the like button, a tip / hint text appears saying "Sorry, you can't give likes to this post".

I have tried logging off & logging on.

I have managed to do this before.

I have restarted my browser, IE 11. I don't currently have access to another desktop browser.

I have tried to like other posts, but I receive the same message.

Does anyone know how I might resolve this?

Thanks & regards,

Amir.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I got you @Amir -- we welcome as many legitmate "Likes" as possible. 🙂

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This could be a leftover of the counter to a recent "likes-spam" attack. Alert to @ChrisHemedinger to restore your ability to give likes.

You wouldn't believe it, but somebody repeatedly created bogus accounts to hand out likes undiscriminately, thereby creating lots of unnecessary notification mails to those "liked". Some people really have too much time on their hands.

Amir
PROC Star

@Kurt_Bremser,

I had no idea that was happening.

As you will see from your like count, it looks like it's fixed now, so thanks for your response and call to action.

If no one from SAS claims responsibility for the fix then I guess I'll mark your post as the solution, in due course.

Regards,

Amir.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It seems it happened at a very opportune time (Afternoon here in Europe). I was a "victim" of it, and immediately posted it in the private SuperUser's community, which alerted Chris, who was already online, and so he took countermeasures before it became a wide-spread nuisance.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I got you @Amir -- we welcome as many legitmate "Likes" as possible. 🙂

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Amir
PROC Star

Thanks @ChrisHemedinger; appreciate your quick action.

@Kurt_Bremser that explains it. I guess you all have a SAS SuperUser hero costume in case of such events!

Regards,

Amir.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

One of the functions of those privileged users is to work as a first line of defense that is active round the clock. By now, there's always at least one of us online (Oceania, Asia and Europe fill the "US night gap").

JatinBansal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am facing the exact same issue. Help!

Thanks

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
You should be able to give Likes now. Like away!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation