BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
thomp7050
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello All,

I have managed to solve a few questions on the community (yay!)  However, twice already the submitter marked one of their own replies as the solution.  I asked them to change their solution to the real solution but they ignored.  Has anyone else had this happen? One person in particular said that the mobile interface made it difficult to select the solvers solution as the real solution, but I have not tried it out for myself.  I would hate to think that some folks would submit questions and replies in order to earn a badge on their own, but I'm beginning to wonder if a pattern is emerging here.  Perhaps kind web devs could make it impossible for people to mark their own response as the solution?  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.  It's minor but a little defeating for the solvers out there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @thomp7050,

As a communities team, we do see this occassionally. We allow the OP to mark his own solution as accepted because sometimes the answer is found outside of the community. The OP can then post it and mark it to help others find the answer. This is the correct way to mark one's own solution as accepted.

I see one instance of what you described: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/Find-Minimum-Date-of-Data/m-p/352799#M23283. In this case, the OP clearly gave you credit, but marked his own answer. As admins, our team has the ability to change this. I will go in and mark the correct answer, giving credit where credit is due.

If you have another instance of this happening, please let me know and I'll investigate.

Thanks for using the communities!

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @thomp7050,

As a communities team, we do see this occassionally. We allow the OP to mark his own solution as accepted because sometimes the answer is found outside of the community. The OP can then post it and mark it to help others find the answer. This is the correct way to mark one's own solution as accepted.

I see one instance of what you described: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/Find-Minimum-Date-of-Data/m-p/352799#M23283. In this case, the OP clearly gave you credit, but marked his own answer. As admins, our team has the ability to change this. I will go in and mark the correct answer, giving credit where credit is due.

If you have another instance of this happening, please let me know and I'll investigate.

Thanks for using the communities!

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
thomp7050
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks, Shelley!  It's much appreciated!  I'll send you the link to the other one through private message.

P.S. How funny would it be if I marked my own post as the solution to this post!  

ballardw
Super User

It happens, more often with first posters but not always.

I wouldn't know what the "mobile interface" looks like as this is not the type of site I would visit with a mobile device. But I'm almost a dinosaur for such things.

Reeza
Super User

The mobile interface on an Apple device, ipad/iphone doesn't make it more difficult that this would be an issue IMO.

Perhaps on android devices. Though I've seen it explicitly happen when I say directly not mark this post as the correct answer so you're not the only who gets this. 

As far as I can see, it's primarily new users who make this mistake.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation