BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Angieelawa
Fluorite | Level 6

I am in search for a SAS Programmer to join our team on 6+ month contract in Springfield, MA, Do you know anyone who'd be interested?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi All,

I can appreciate the desire to use SAS Communities as a place to post/recruit for SAS-related employment engagements.  However, currently this use is not permitted in our terms and conditions*.  Hosting a "job board" requires a special level of moderation that we don't currently support.  

When we notice job postings, or "situation wanted" postings, we remove them (obviously...missed this one a while ago!).  For now, you have to rely on other services (like LinkedIn or Art's AnalystFinder or other public job boards set up for this).

We continue to evaluate the possibilities for hosting/allowing something here to help, but no acceptable plan has surfaced yet.  If you have ideas of what you'd like to see, feel free to PM me or send e-mail to communities@sas.com.

Chris

SAS Support Communities team

* To read the fine print, see the terms and conditions for the SAS web site, which include the legalese-sounding words, "YOUR POSTINGS MAY NOT INCLUDE CONTENT THAT SAS IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION DEEMS TO BE AN ADVERTISEMENT OR SOLICITATION FOR EMPLOYMENT."

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I'm interested. Contract will be extended?
Angieelawa
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes, it can be extended, please let me know the best time and number to reach you at

Angieelawa
Fluorite | Level 6

you can also email me at angie.elawa@linium.com or call me 860 734 1531

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
@Angieelawa, this site is for topics regarding SAS technology.
Recruiting should be done elsewhere, like LinkedIn.
Data never sleeps
Angieelawa
Fluorite | Level 6
Oh, I apologize, I was told through the Chatting option, that I can start a topic in the communities.

Reeza
Super User

@LinusH I'm not sure I agree. Personally, I'd find a candidates information on here more useful that the curated view on LinkedIn if I was hiring 😉

pluviosilla
Fluorite | Level 6

Angieelawa, I want to VOLUNTEER my services at no charge. i tried to send you a private message but apparently you have messaging disabled, so I apologize to everyone for broadcasting this, but I agree that it diminishes (not enhances) the quality of the SAS "community" that people can't communicate freely about projects. The SAS LinkedIn groups have trolls at the draw bridges throttling membership (to make labor market entry more difficult perhaps?)

I am a very experienced IT professional and a strong programmer (Python, Excel VBA, Matlab, R, SAS, Salesforce Apex/Visualforce, C++ and UNIX scripting languages like Perl and BSH, KSH) with a solid background in visualization (Python Matplotlib, Seaborn, R, Salesforce, Excel and analytics tools like Tableau and Power BI).

But I'm in need of resume bullets in SAS programming. Do you have a SAS **programming** need?  If so, I would be happy to help you at no charge. All I ask is that if you are satisfied with my work, you give me a recommendation on LinkedIn.

I just finished a volunteer project in statistics for a reasearcher at Houston Medical Center. You can read the recommendation she made of my work on LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/johngstrong

I will be happy supply a resume at your request.

You can reach me by email at: pluviosilla@gmail.com or john.strong@etherpros.com 

Thanks, John Strong

art297
Opal | Level 21

I'm not applying for the position and agree that (1) LinkedIn doesn't provide the best platform and (2) I'd rather not see this community cluttered with job postings and advertisements.

Those are among the reasons I decided to maintain a fully automatic, world-wide, totally confidential, and commitment free skills matching database for all analytical professionals who wish to participate, namely analystfinder.com.

It's free for job candidates, only notifies candidates of a position if they are a good match for the position and the position meets their requirements, and only provides the candidate's contact information to hiring agency if directed to do so by the candidate.

It only costs companies and recruiters $500, and that is only if they hire someone we've discovered for them.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

pluviosilla
Fluorite | Level 6

LinkedIn has the appropriate approach to avoiding distracting clutter. They do two things:

(1) Groups that are devoted to employment-related postings (for example: Matlab Jobs)

(2) A jobs tab associated with most groups

There is no reason why the SAS community couldn't have a jobs posting thread or silo.

Reeza
Super User
There are several SAS groups on LinkedIn with hiring focuses.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi All,

I can appreciate the desire to use SAS Communities as a place to post/recruit for SAS-related employment engagements.  However, currently this use is not permitted in our terms and conditions*.  Hosting a "job board" requires a special level of moderation that we don't currently support.  

When we notice job postings, or "situation wanted" postings, we remove them (obviously...missed this one a while ago!).  For now, you have to rely on other services (like LinkedIn or Art's AnalystFinder or other public job boards set up for this).

We continue to evaluate the possibilities for hosting/allowing something here to help, but no acceptable plan has surfaced yet.  If you have ideas of what you'd like to see, feel free to PM me or send e-mail to communities@sas.com.

Chris

SAS Support Communities team

* To read the fine print, see the terms and conditions for the SAS web site, which include the legalese-sounding words, "YOUR POSTINGS MAY NOT INCLUDE CONTENT THAT SAS IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION DEEMS TO BE AN ADVERTISEMENT OR SOLICITATION FOR EMPLOYMENT."

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 in conversation