BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CiaranH
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

We currently use SAS for Windows for Windows (SAS 9.2 TS Level 2M3, W32_VSPRO platform) and for a variety of reasons are thinking of moving to a Citrix environment.

From a licesing perspective only, what are the implications?

I need to understand this before going any further.

Regards,

Ciarán

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Licensing issues are best dealt with your SAS sales representative.

Data never sleeps
CiaranH
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm just looking to understand the principles behind how licesing works in citrix rather than costs at this stage so don't want to speak with a sale rep.

Do you know in principle how licensing would work?

Regards,

Ciarán

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The ONLY one who can give you reliable information about your licensing is your SAS account manager. Really.

I have the inkling that the number of different agreement types is not that far below the total number of licensed SAS customers, once you get into the details.

With server-based SAS, it is usually the computing power (# of cores) that determines the license cost. How that plays out in a virtualized environment, you need to ask SAS.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

My general knowledge is that SAS pricing is physical platform agnostic. The sizing of the Citrix server will affect the cost like a similar physical server do. And same goes for clients (if you have any that costs extra). Citrix is just a way of making the same application available to your users.

That said, each customer can negotiate directly, the sales process is generally not transparent.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation