BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

This is a common pet peeve of mine. I assume that most users to a site are users rather than new members. When I hit reply to a post if I'm not logged in, I get redirect to a page. On that page the Join Now button is large, prominent and easy to find. The log in is tiny small and difficult to find.  Incredibly tiny and in the upper right corner, instead of somewhere near the join button as well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LainieH
Community Manager

@Reeza, after I wrote that post I found the setting that will prompt you to login when you either click Reply or Post Message. I hope this provides a better experience for you. If not, just let me know! Thanks!

Lainie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LainieH
Community Manager

Hi Reeza, thank you for bringing this up!

I went through the scenario you described and was surprised that I wasn't prompted to login. I think ideally you should be prompted to login ( I agree this is not very clear when logged out when you click Reply)..

I think the same thing should happen when someone clicks "Post a Question" when not logged in.

I'm going to open a ticket with our vendor to see if we can do anything to make that happend. Then, you would not need to search for the login button.

To see what I'm trying to create, try "Like" a post like this https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/How-to-write-this-proc-to-a-table/m-p/238588#U23... while not logged in.. you will see that it opens the login window.. I'll try to find out if this can be done when you hit Reply or Post Message.

thank you, Reeza!

LainieH
Community Manager

@Reeza, after I wrote that post I found the setting that will prompt you to login when you either click Reply or Post Message. I hope this provides a better experience for you. If not, just let me know! Thanks!

Lainie

Reeza
Super User
Thanks @LaineH
It does make a bit more sense to be taken straight to the log in page 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation