BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KachiM
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

When I post a reply, I get the following message for the last two days and it was not there before. It also tells me something of  highlighted/marked string. I don't see any such. What am I doing? How do I find the annoying symbol or string before I post?

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body.
The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit
the message when you are satisfied.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Our platform has an HTML parser that limits what tags you can use in posts. That said, there's supposed to be a validtion step that validates the HTML and removes anything that is invalid (such as HTML that is incorrectly formatted or tags that don't exist). This may be the cause of the error.

See attached doc to see what's allowed. Hopefully, it's an easy fix. Let us know.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

Create a new post, and then switch to HTML view to see if any offending characters?

@ChrisHemedinger Any info? It does look like the site did do some changes recently, so it's probably coming from that.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I'm not sure what's going on here.  Does it happen every time?  Do you have a "signature" configured in your settings that might be appending to your message?  Any browser plugins/extensions that you've added recently that might affect the content as you edit it?

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

I found an old resolved thread in the Lithium support community that may shed some light: http://community.lithium.com/t5/Developers-Discussion/REST-API-Getting-error-during-posting-new-mess...

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

Reeza
Super User

@BeverlyBrown We can't see that post unless we sign up on Lithium portal Woman Sad

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager
Oops, that wasn't very helpful of me! Will summarize the relevant bit asap, unless one of my colleagues beats me to it.

KachiM
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I looked my settings yesterday but I think I haven't changed any thing. Administers may examine to set right my settings to the default.

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Our platform has an HTML parser that limits what tags you can use in posts. That said, there's supposed to be a validtion step that validates the HTML and removes anything that is invalid (such as HTML that is incorrectly formatted or tags that don't exist). This may be the cause of the error.

See attached doc to see what's allowed. Hopefully, it's an easy fix. Let us know.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation