BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
moorsd
Obsidian | Level 7

Is anyone else using Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7) with the SAS Communities website?

I'm finding that the pages can be unstable and often refresh when not required to. Also, if I press 'Post' sometimes I get the IE message saying the page can't be loaded. I then have to press the 'back' button and prey may conent has been autosaved.

I'm also getting issues when posting in Rich Text format using IE11. Sadly during the working day this is the only web browser I have available due to using clients laptops and their software policy to only use IE11.

As an example, whilst trying to type this post I got the following message from the SAS community website whilst it was trying to autsave the post. "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."

Hopefully when I press the 'Post' buton this post won't have been lost!?

Note: I don't have this issue when using Safari on OSX at home. 

Thanks

David 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
moorsd
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks to everyone who commented on this post.

In the end I managed to install the new Vivaldi browser (based on Chrome) as this is only one i could sneak through the company firewall Smiley Wink

Now browsing and posting to SAS Communities is a joy Smiley Happy

regards

David

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
moorsd
Obsidian | Level 7

I forgot to add the page loads can be slow and also render properly. I'm using HTML to write this post and Rich Text isn't working again 😞 This issue could well be the client laptop build, but I'm just checking to see if it's not a generic problem with IE11

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, there are issues with IE, look further down the forum Community matters and you will see some of them.  I don't get any of these on Firefox or Chrome.  Now this isn't very helpful I know, but IE is the worst browser out there, certain versions are better than others, but I could never recommend using any of them.  

ballardw
Super User

I posted about the slower responses as more messages are read or responded to several months ago.

Since then it looks like my IT department "upgraded" my IE install and it has gotten worse.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Now I am not joking here, there really is no "upgrade" for IE, it's is irredemably broken for a long time, even MS have abandoned it.  Thier own product outlook dot com doesn't work on etc.  Pressurerize your IT to allow you another browser, you can have many installed as I know some old websites only run on IE (we have a couple so IE is left on the machine for that purpose).  Alternatively get Firefox or Palemoon portable:

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

For example.  

Failing that, go on strike Smiley Happy

Reeza
Super User

If you have a local drive access, such as C:\Temp\ or C:\_localdata you can install chrome or firefox there and then add a shortcut to your desktop.  It works and you don't need IT approval or support.

LainieH
Community Manager

@moorsd, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with IE 11. I plan to start using IE while engaging in the communities to see if I can experience/reproduce some of the same issues. I confess I do use Chrome most frequently.  I also have IE11 so I will see if I can reproduce anything and therefore report. 

moorsd
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks to everyone who commented on this post.

In the end I managed to install the new Vivaldi browser (based on Chrome) as this is only one i could sneak through the company firewall Smiley Wink

Now browsing and posting to SAS Communities is a joy Smiley Happy

regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation