BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DnA8
Fluorite | Level 6

I need your help guys and i want to ask few question about integration between platform process manager & C# 

1. Is it possible to read status about the job with C# application? (finish, error, queue, job not submitted, group job hold, etc)

2. Is it possible rerun the job from the C# application?

So when i re-run the job from the C# application, the platform process manager job change and the color change too become green that indicates the job has been rerun

3. Is it possible to retrieve the information about the job from the C# application? (when the job start, when the job finish, etc)

I don't know exactly about the version of platform process manager,

but i just know the version of SAS Enterprise Guide version : 9.4

Thanks anyway

Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @DnA8,

interesting question. I am not aware of any inferface besides the command line, no restful service or whatsoever.

I would like to recommend you to read the administration guide of the platform process manager, of the version you use, and use your favourite command line execution function in C#, plus a parsing one.

Here is the one for version 9.1.3 https://support.sas.com/rnd/scalability/platform/PSS9.1/pm9.1.3_admin.pdf

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @DnA8,

interesting question. I am not aware of any inferface besides the command line, no restful service or whatsoever.

I would like to recommend you to read the administration guide of the platform process manager, of the version you use, and use your favourite command line execution function in C#, plus a parsing one.

Here is the one for version 9.1.3 https://support.sas.com/rnd/scalability/platform/PSS9.1/pm9.1.3_admin.pdf

DnA8
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @JuanS_OCS,

Thanks for fast reply and the suggestion...

I have read the the administration guide about platform process manager (especially about the infrastructure & the command line interface)
I think i can use that useful command line for integration with C#

But i want to ask about the command line, where are the command line must be submitted?

The infrastructure show that the command line are submit to process manager host

Is it process manager host different from sas workspace or sas metadata?

Thanks

Danny

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @DnA8,

the location will depend on your OS and your installation. The default locations can be found on the documentation. If you are in unix you can always run a "locate" command or in Windows a "find".

About the host, I would expect the location will be always on the same host as your SAS-compute host, meaning where the SAS workspace runs. But it is a different service than SAS Object Spawner.

DnA8
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @JuanS_OCS...

Sorry late reply for this topic...

Because I must finish some other project before i have time to start the research again about this project

It's been a month when you give a suggestion about that documentation

Finally (a few minutes ago before i reply this), i start to figured it out about the documentation try explain to me

That documentation is what i have been searching exactly for this project 😄

What i figured first is how to execute the command about read the flow and etc,

But i don't configure about some setting in the beginning.

That cause every time i try to execute command it always prompt to request username and password over and over again

And there is some delay time when execute commands, request username, password and print the result

Next week i will try to setting the configuration in the server (because i need some approval for this configuration)

I can't wait to try this setting and see the result 😄

I have some faith if i setting the configuration first the result will be show immediately

Finally, thanks again @JuanS_OCS for the suggestion 😄

Cheers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation