BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
8 REPLIES 8
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Sorry, what is the question?  Are you asking for some sort of dummy clinical study?  If so there isn't one as far as I am aware, at least not one which is outside the individual companies.  Perhaps check with the company you work for?

mssh2712
Calcite | Level 5

Hi 

How can reduce the time by using SAS in regulattory writing like CSR, Lay Summaries production. This takes lots of time to write manually? 

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Am afraid that is way to open a question.  What are your skills in SAS, what SAS do you have, what do you need to do, specifics etc.  CSR tends to be a written document which can't really be "programmed".  The appendices such as tables listings and figures, would be programmed, but these would come from a stats group.  You can of course do summaries and such like yourself, so long as you have the data, know what your doing, and can provide a means to provide traceable repeatable processes.  

Sorry, its all a big vague, but your question is something along the lines of, I have a job will a tool help.  Most likely yes, but without any further information can't be more specific.

mssh2712
Calcite | Level 5
We use SAS version 9.4. In the regulatory writing, there are so many reports are generated using TLFs. But SAS can help to generate the tables from the datasets level instead of going to see in TLFs. And the second one is, again lay summaries are generated by taking information from TLFs or other reports. Is there any other innovative ways or projects I can find to use SAS to help the writers and reduce their timeframes. Please suggest a project I can use SAS in regulatory writing department!!!
Thanks.
Reeza
Super User

Not sure how structured the reports you need to develop are but I've built these reports which are fully automated from SAS.

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/bb63cfa0-e678-45f8-bfbd-9ffd5dd335d2/resource/66ef8586-e8a8-437e-8df...

There's 132 of them and they're updated every year so it's a painful process if done manually. 

I would automate more of the reporting, as much as possible. 

ballardw
Super User

TLF? Writing in TLAs does not increase clarity to anyone not intimately familiar with your usage.

(TLA = Three Letter Acronym)

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Ha! Had to search for that myself.  Tables, Lists, Figures ->TLFs.  

Reminded me of the "TPS reports" from Office Space.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ballardw
Super User

@mssh2712 wrote:
We use SAS version 9.4. In the regulatory writing, there are so many reports are generated using TLFs. But SAS can help to generate the tables from the datasets level instead of going to see in TLFs. And the second one is, again lay summaries are generated by taking information from TLFs or other reports. Is there any other innovative ways or projects I can find to use SAS to help the writers and reduce their timeframes. Please suggest a project I can use SAS in regulatory writing department!!!
Thanks.

If you are attempting to read data from reports that your organization generated then the process is terribly flawed. You should have the data saved (SAS LIBRARY and data sets) that was used to create the reports and access that directly. Extracting data from a report is almost always a headache because it has been massaged for appearance and not for data accessibility.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation