BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fankaiqing
Fluorite | Level 6

I saw some SAS guys posted their papers, ideas, methods online and shared with all of us.

For example:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/2017/09/01/where-do-modern-day-pirates-attack/

This blog post on SAS Learning Post area.

How could I have my backyard to post my papers, ideas, methods and some of mine SAS sub-engines to solve special obstacles?

Please help me.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

What @Reeza says is correct.  There are a variety of free publishing platforms, but you would want to choose a place where you can reach your intended audience.  You've done that with your SAS content by publishing an article here on our SAS Communities Library (thank you) -- you are welcome to continue that practice with content that you think is helpful and on-topic for a SAS practitioner audience.  SAS conferences are another great option -- your content proposal will be peer-reviewed, which lends some credibility to your topic and expertise.  Much better than whistling into the wind, right?

Our blogs on blogs.sas.com are written by -- for the most part -- SAS employees who are also experts in their field.  Occasionally we have guest authors who have written SAS books or teach courses or who otherwise demonstrate that they have content that fits our audience well.  Not to make it seem exclusive, but that is a by-invitation-only opportunity.  There are many SAS experts who aren't SAS employees who manage their own blogs elsewhere -- I personally follow all of those that I can find!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Thats pretty much up to you. I'm using GitHub to store my stuff, mostly because it's there between jobs and I have a tendency to switch jobs every 2-3 years. 

You can also post contributions here to a library, not sure if you need permissions,

Otherwise as you contribute to conferences and such, they'll likely get uploaded to Lexjansen.com. 

Another option is your own blog. 

FYI - SAS sub-engines/engines is a term that very few other people will get 🙂 I think you mean routine/program/process but I can't be sure.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

What @Reeza says is correct.  There are a variety of free publishing platforms, but you would want to choose a place where you can reach your intended audience.  You've done that with your SAS content by publishing an article here on our SAS Communities Library (thank you) -- you are welcome to continue that practice with content that you think is helpful and on-topic for a SAS practitioner audience.  SAS conferences are another great option -- your content proposal will be peer-reviewed, which lends some credibility to your topic and expertise.  Much better than whistling into the wind, right?

Our blogs on blogs.sas.com are written by -- for the most part -- SAS employees who are also experts in their field.  Occasionally we have guest authors who have written SAS books or teach courses or who otherwise demonstrate that they have content that fits our audience well.  Not to make it seem exclusive, but that is a by-invitation-only opportunity.  There are many SAS experts who aren't SAS employees who manage their own blogs elsewhere -- I personally follow all of those that I can find!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
fankaiqing
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks so much, Chris!

I will continue to publish my articles on our SAS Communities Library.

I already submitted to SAS Global Forum 2018 couple minutes ago.

I found lots of SAS programmers and developers have some similar ideas on the same topic like how to decrease SAS execution time, how to fullfil automatic run using dynamic coding ways, how to develop clear, readable, understandable SAS engines. that is why I want to publish my may-be innovative ideas as soon as possible. 

Anyway, thanks so much!

fankaiqing
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks so much, Reeza!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation