BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear all, I want to sometimes paste sample data in table format rather than attach excel documents when I post questions? Anyone could tell me how? Thanks a lot
15 REPLIES 15
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Use the {i} button above and post your sample data in the form of a data step such as

data MyData;
input ID$ var1 var2;
datalines;
1 1 2
2 3 4
3 5 6
4 7 8
5 9 1
;
owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
@ballardw I could not find the row of things that start with B I U and so forth. I don't know why. I attached a picture of the message window pdf format in the attachment. Is my message window the same as yours? Thanks
ballardw
Super User

@owenwqp1 wrote:
@ballardw I could not find the row of things that start with B I U and so forth. I don't know why. I attached a picture of the message window pdf format in the attachment. Is my message window the same as yours? Thanks

Which browser are you using? I suspect a browser setting or similar. See my screen shot:

screen.png

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Try opening a ticket with SAS support so they can work with you on why the editor features are not working on your machine.

Can you post your operating system version and browser version?

owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Tom, My laptop system is win10, my browser versions: google(63.0.3239.9),microsoft edge(41.16299.15.0),ie(version 11). My desktop PC system is win7,my browser versions: google(63.0.3239.9),firefox(52.5.0),ie(version 11). Thanks
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Also check out the DATA to DATA Step Macro by SASJedi, if you have some data set that you want to present as a data step 🙂

owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
@PeterClemmensen Where could I find the {i} button? Thanks
owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
@PeterClemmensen, could you attach a picture for me? Where the {i} button is?
ballardw
Super User

It is NOT a "button". Inside the message window  that I am currently typing into at the top is a row of things that start with

B U and so forth. The {I} is one of the things on that row.

owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
@ballardw Thank you so much for your help! I tried google, firefox and ie, but still appears the same as the picture I attached in the pdf document last time. Maybe I need to change settings, but I don't know where to change.Thank you so much!
owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
And where click on the "+" button to show likes to posts, It does not work!
owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
And when I click on the "+" button to show likes to posts, It does not work!
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @owenwqp1, I see that you're in China.  We do have other users in China, but it might be that some of the features are getting blocked by your ISP.  Can you open your browser console (usually F12 to view) and report the errors you see in the browser console log?  I'm guessing that there will be a few.  This will allow us to see which scripts aren't being loaded, and thus crippling some features of the site for you.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
owenwqp1
Obsidian | Level 7
@ChrisHemedinger Hi ChrisHemedinger, I have a look of the console log of my Chrome browser. There are 9 errors and 2 warnings.I attached two txt doc of the errors and warnings.One is the errors and warnings I copied one by one from the window,which I consider more readable. The other one is the directly saved log. Thank you so much for your help! Best regards!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation