Community talk about communities.sas.com. Meta!

How do you delete a post?

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do you delete a post?

[ Edited ]
I see an edit option, but no delete. I see the option for the main post, but not a reply.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-03-2018 04:40 PM
Super User

Re: How do you delete a post?

I believe once there are responses you cannot delete a thread. This was because users were posting questions, getting answers and then choosing to delete the entire thread because it was homework. Some still do this, choosing to simply delete all the contents from the question, which is why newbies get their questions fully quoted in my responses. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-03-2018 04:40 PM
Super User

I believe once there are responses you cannot delete a thread. This was because users were posting questions, getting answers and then choosing to delete the entire thread because it was homework. Some still do this, choosing to simply delete all the contents from the question, which is why newbies get their questions fully quoted in my responses. 

Contributor

Thanks. I see the reason in disabling it for those issues, but I also see reason to allow the deletion. I just edited to leave my response blank, which, to me, seems more tacky than deletion, but it's the only option available. Maybe SAS needs to implement a voting option to allow follow-up responders to allow the removal.
Super User

If it's something you really want deleted you can ask @ChrisHemedinger or someone on the SAS forum administration team to delete it.

Community Manager

Hi @dgritt,

Send me a PM and let me know which question this refers to. I'll help you out.

Thanks,

Shelley

Contributor

Posted in reply to ShelleySessoms
Thanks @ShelleySessoms - I sent a PM to @ChrisHemedinger and he helped me out.
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation