BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dgritt
Obsidian | Level 7
I see an edit option, but no delete. I see the option for the main post, but not a reply.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I believe once there are responses you cannot delete a thread. This was because users were posting questions, getting answers and then choosing to delete the entire thread because it was homework. Some still do this, choosing to simply delete all the contents from the question, which is why newbies get their questions fully quoted in my responses. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

I believe once there are responses you cannot delete a thread. This was because users were posting questions, getting answers and then choosing to delete the entire thread because it was homework. Some still do this, choosing to simply delete all the contents from the question, which is why newbies get their questions fully quoted in my responses. 

dgritt
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks. I see the reason in disabling it for those issues, but I also see reason to allow the deletion. I just edited to leave my response blank, which, to me, seems more tacky than deletion, but it's the only option available. Maybe SAS needs to implement a voting option to allow follow-up responders to allow the removal.
Reeza
Super User

If it's something you really want deleted you can ask @ChrisHemedinger or someone on the SAS forum administration team to delete it.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @dgritt,

Send me a PM and let me know which question this refers to. I'll help you out.

Thanks,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
dgritt
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks @ShelleySessoms - I sent a PM to @ChrisHemedinger and he helped me out.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation