BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reeza
Super User

I've been trying to use the forums and have some questions, that may have answers, but I'm either having trouble finding them or not understanding. 

How do I see the recent posts with activity that I've participated in?

How do I see my library of documents? This would have been the Articles section of the old forum?

How do I set Private Messages to Friends/Contacts only? I like participating in these forums but I think they're a community effort and am not a fan of receiving questions directly to myself.  

Can I re-order the panes on the main page or is that set for everyone? 

Can I sort the lists of posts? I would imagine turning on sort by the headers included wouldn't be much of a change in coding, but sometimes the simple things are!

I like the new forum in general, but...things take too many clicks. I was taught a design rule that you should try for 3 clicks to most things...this seems like a lot more, but perhaps it's a learning curve.

Oh..I do love the mobile interface, clean and much easier to navigate 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
LainieH
Community Manager

@Reeza, your opinion, like the others spoken here, mean so much to @ChrisHemedinger@AnnaBrown@BeverlyBrown@ShelleySessoms and me.

We are takiing your feedback seriously and have a plan to vet all suggestions. 

I will try to answer your questions right now in Red to match your avatar:

How do I see the recent posts with activity that I've participated in?  Go to your profile: Recent activity is at the end of the page. We are working on how to best surface this in a better way.

How do I see my library of documents? This would have been the Articles section of the old forum? This is also on your profile page. But, I see what you mean now about the error messaage. I believe I can fix this and will try in just a second. Also cc'ing @li-javier

How do I set Private Messages to Friends/Contacts only? I like participating in these forums but I think they're a community effort and am not a fan of receiving questions directly to myself.  Good question, Go to Profile > My Settings > Preferences > Private Messenger (https://communities.sas.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences%3Aprivate-messenger

Can I re-order the panes on the main page or is that set for everyone?  not at this time - I am interested in your idea. would you mind adding it as an idea to the Community Suggestion Box

Can I sort the lists of posts? I would imagine turning on sort by the headers included wouldn't be much of a change in coding, but sometimes the simple things are!  This has to be possible - I just need to learn how to turn this on or create a filtered view. I agree this is needed.  It is possible if you go to advanced search, for example. https://communities.sas.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels 

I like the new forum in general, but...things take too many clicks. I was taught a design rule that you should try for 3 clicks to most things...this seems like a lot more, but perhaps it's a learning curve. I hear you and will bring this before the team when we review all feedback. Thank you for bringing this up. 

Oh..I do love the mobile interface, clean and much easier to navigate  Great! We are going to work hard to make the desktop version clean and easy, too. All your comments provide a lot of help and direction 

We have this FAQ but will be adding more tips soon: 

Thank you, Reeza.

Lainie

Reeza
Super User

Thanks @LainieH!

Also, this migration must have been a ton of work on your side and looking forward to seeing what the final product will look like Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation