Community talk about communities.sas.com. Meta!

How can I send a private message?

Super Contributor

How can I send a private message?

Hi,

I would like to be able to send private messages.  These messages are SAS related and not spam.

I note https://communities.sas.com/t5/Community-Matters/Direct-message-private-message/m-p/364129#M2495.

I've checked Profile -> My Settings -> Social, and there is no setting to enable private messaging.

I also note the help page https://communities.sas.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm.  This seems very vague and perhaps out-of-date.  For example, where is the "message count or envelope icon"?  IMO this portion of the help should be updated.

Thanks,

Scott

Super User

Re: How can I send a private message?

Posted in reply to ScottBass

It's under My Settings>Preferences>Private Messenger on the left hand menu under the main navigation. 

Super Contributor

See attached screenshot.

2017-06-27_13-37-35.png
Super User

Hmmm...I guess they did turn it off for everyone. 

Its still on mine so maybe it had to be enabled prior to that. I guess @ChrisHemedinger will have to turn it on for you. 

IMG_0082.PNG

Super User

Have it enabled by one of the forum bosses. It's generally turned off for new users because of spam issues, but you're already kind of a veteran.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Community Manager

Hi @ScottBass,

I have granted you permission to Private Message folks. As @KurtBremser mentioned, we've had a problem with spam coming via PM from new users so we have changed permissions. Not sure why you didn't bypass the filter given your status on the community, but that is something we will look into.

Thanks for using the communities,

Shelley

Super User

Posted in reply to ShelleySessoms

A big SAS-Time salute to the people who keep this thing running!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 in conversation