BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

I would like to be able to send private messages.  These messages are SAS related and not spam.

I note https://communities.sas.com/t5/Community-Matters/Direct-message-private-message/m-p/364129#M2495.

I've checked Profile -> My Settings -> Social, and there is no setting to enable private messaging.

I also note the help page https://communities.sas.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm.  This seems very vague and perhaps out-of-date.  For example, where is the "message count or envelope icon"?  IMO this portion of the help should be updated.

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

It's under My Settings>Preferences>Private Messenger on the left hand menu under the main navigation. 

ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

See attached screenshot.

2017-06-27_13-37-35.png

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
Reeza
Super User

Hmmm...I guess they did turn it off for everyone. 

Its still on mine so maybe it had to be enabled prior to that. I guess @ChrisHemedinger will have to turn it on for you. 

IMG_0082.PNG

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Have it enabled by one of the forum bosses. It's generally turned off for new users because of spam issues, but you're already kind of a veteran.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @ScottBass,

I have granted you permission to Private Message folks. As @Kurt_Bremser mentioned, we've had a problem with spam coming via PM from new users so we have changed permissions. Not sure why you didn't bypass the filter given your status on the community, but that is something we will look into.

Thanks for using the communities,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 in conversation