BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

What happened to "helpful answers"? If there are several answers which I consider as "helpful" or "correct" how do I mark the "helpful answers"? Should I give them a "like" or what's the idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LainieH
Community Manager

@Patrick wrote:

I believe to understand that this is a limitation in these forums and we've lost the "helpful".

I personally make a distinciton between "helpful" and "like".

"helpful" is an answer to my question which helps me to solve the problem - or part of it.

"like" is any answer to any question which inspires me - or even a question which is inspirational.

Thanks, @Patrick -- I'm going to see if there is anything creative we can do. Let me take this back to the team after I test a few things to see if there are any options. We might be able to reuse something we are not using, for example - I will check 🙂

Lainie

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LainieH
Community Manager

Hi @Patrick, thank you for asking this...

The helpful answer feature is not part of the new platform.

The closest to this feature is the Like button.

If enough people weighed in on this issue - such as via an idea or voting - it is technically possible to change the word "Like" to "Helpful".

Then you'd see a list of "Most Helpful Authors"  "Top Helpful Posts", etc.

If you think that is something you might like - could you enter an idea for it on the Community Suggestion box?  

It is something I've been thinking about, and I'm currious of your opinion. 

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I believe to understand that this is a limitation in these forums and we've lost the "helpful".

I personally make a distinction between "helpful" and "like".

"helpful" is an answer to my question which helps me to solve the problem - or part of it.

"like" is any answer to any question which inspires me - or even a question which is inspirational.

LainieH
Community Manager

@Patrick wrote:

I personally make a distinciton between "helpful" and "like".

Thanks, @Patrick -- I'm going to see if there is anything creative we can do. Let me take this back to the team after I test a few things to see if there are any options. We might be able to reuse something we are not using, for example - I will check 🙂

Lainie

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks for sharing @LainieH and asking the question @Patrick. I think changing the "like" to "helpful" would be good. It keeps it consistent with the previous platform and describes what it means to "like" something. 

However, I also see that for those members who are new to the platform, they may prefer the standard "like" button as this keeps it consistent with other social platforms they are familiar with.

Is it possible to have a poll?

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
LainieH
Community Manager

Hi @MichelleHomes, yes the new platform supports polls. That's a good idea. I'll run this by Chris. Hope you're doing well !

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @LainieH. I'm well - thanks for asking. Hope you are too and enjoying the Fall colors.

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation