BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ballardw
Super User

It seems like the first couple of posts I read in a session load quickly and then regardless of post length the next ones take longer and longer to load.

The message area starts taking more than 10 seconds to load and then the "recommendations" section will take 20 or more seconds to load.

And then if I actually reply, the menu icons for the editor will take 15 to 30 seconds to finish displaying.

Is any one else seeing similar behavior?

I am using IE11 on Windows7.

5 REPLIES 5
LainieH
Community Manager

Hi Ballardw, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be looking at the site performance when I meet with the team this week and will take this into account. Have a great day, Lainie

ballardw
Super User

An additional bit about the Recommendations box: Besides taking a long time to load after the first few posts read, when a reply is made it something is apparently rebuilding the recommended list when returning to the thread after the reply. So there may be a timing or sequencing issue in how the pages are built.

LainieH
Community Manager

Hi @ballardw, I was following up to see if you are still experiencing the performance issue you described ? When the login issue fix was applied we noticed a general overall improvement in performance and page load time. I was wanting to follow up to see if this helped you, too. If not, just let me know and we can troubleshoot. 

Thanks !

ballardw
Super User

@LainieH wrote:

Hi @ballardw, I was following up to see if you are still experiencing the performance issue you described ? When the login issue fix was applied we noticed a general overall improvement in performance and page load time. I was wanting to follow up to see if this helped you, too. If not, just let me know and we can troubleshoot. 

Thanks !

I am still seeing this behavior as of 16 Oct 8am Mountain time. The more threads I open, not even reply to, the slower opening the messages gets though it seems to stabilize at about 30 seconds for opening the thread. Replies seem to get slower. For instance this reply was the second in this login after viewing about 10 threads. I almost each single element of the page appear separately with enough time to see the "Reply t Message" text header, and then the background. The menu icons in the reply box appear in groups, first the font family and fons sizes, then the {i} or run box, then the text appearance B I U S, and then last the link and picture icons. It takes roughly 45 seconds. If it actually gets much worse than this I don't know as I give up, shut down the browser and log back in. Which does yield reasonable response rates for a few posts...

The amount of time to return to the thread after posting does seem to increase as well though not as much. I still see the wait for the recommended links to reappear at it rebuilds.

LainieH
Community Manager

@ballardw, thanks for the update! I'm going to open a ticket with our platform technical support. 

I'll get back with you. Thanks for reporting this. 

cc:  @li-javier@ChrisHemedinger

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation